The food packaging industry relies on several certifications, including the FSSC 22000 Certification. Each one focuses on important aspects of the production process and ensures that specific regulations are met every step of the way.
What Does It Mean to be FSSC 22000 Certified?
The food production industry uses the FSSC 22000 Certification to confirm the safety of food-grade plastic through strict food safety standards that span from production to purchase. As a complete food safety certification, an FSSC 22000 Certification is one of the most important things a plastic bag manufacturer should have to develop plastic products for food packaging.
What Are The Components of an FSSC 22000 Certification?
The requirements for FSSC 22000 Certification consist of three major components. Each one must be completed in order to achieve certification.
The FSSC 22000 utilizes existing international and independent standards, like ISO 22000, as the baseline for the requirements of a food safety management system.
Sector-Specific Prerequisite Programs
Additionally, obtaining an FSSC 22000 requires using some sector-specific prerequisite programs that can help ensure the maintenance of hygienic and sanitary environments within each organization.
FSSC 22000 Additional Requirements
Finally, some requirements in addition to the scheme are used to ensure consistency and integrity while adding agility in attending to potential food safety issues.
What Are The Benefits of FSSC 22000 Certification?
As a globally recognized standard, FSSC 22000 Certification offers an array of benefits for the food packaging industry and other parties in the food production supply chain.
Some of the major benefits of FSSC 22000 Certification include:
- Increased food safety across the entire production and packaging process
- Reduced risk of recalls due to controlled safety hazards
- Increased efficiency resulting from streamlined food safety processes and reduced errors
- Enhanced reputation and improved customer confidence
- A certification model that can be used in the entire food supply chain
- Minimized risks for all certified organizations in the supply chain process
- Industry-wide acceptance and recognition by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI)
- Required consistent, high-quality audits to verify safety standards
- Helps manufacturers comply with local laws and regulations
- Required recertification every three years
Is A-Pac Manufacturing FSSC 22000 Certified?
Yes! A-Pac Manufacturing is FSSC 22000 Certified. Our food safety management system was initially certified in 2018, and our FSSC 22000 Certification remains current for manufacturing poly bags and polyethylene film. Since 2018, we have completed thousands of orders following the Food Safety System Certification Scheme.
Invest in High-Quality Food Safe Plastics For Your Small Business
Whether you’re just getting started in the food industry or simply need a trusted supplier of food-safe plastics, A-Pac Manufacturing can help. Our manufacturing process has obtained a number of food safety certifications, including FSSC 22000, so you can always rely on the safety and quality of our products. Plus, with our unique “no order minimums” approach, there’s no better certified plastic supplier for small businesses.