One way to satisfy all of those needs at once? Invest in your ideal product packaging solution.
At first, many business owners put packaging on the backburner, thinking of it as a low-priority, “we’ll figure it out later” task. But the right packaging can do wonders for your product safety, storage and transportation efficiency, and brand recognition. Let’s explore how you can get the most out of your small business’s product packaging below.
How to Choose the Right Packaging for Your Small Business In 4 Steps
Due to differences in application, the right packaging solution varies from business to business — so how can you be sure you have the right one for yours? We’ve broken our tried-and-true process down into these four steps:
1. Understand the Packaging Size and Strength Your Application Requires
The first (and most obvious) step of finding the right packaging for your small business is understanding how big and strong it needs to be to hold your product. While determining measurements, you should be sure to accommodate for the following things:
- Your product’s dimensions (length, width, height)
- Your product’s maximum weight
- The packaging container’s opening size
From this information, you’ll be able to eliminate packaging options that are simply too small or thin to hold your product. You can also narrow down options that are far too big or thick, helping you avoid using unnecessary resources that will cost you money.
2. Explore Cost-Effective Packaging that Aligns with Your Budget
Speaking of money, your budget is also one of the most important factors to consider when choosing your custom product packaging. You don’t want to cut costs so much that you end up with something low-quality. Instead, you should be looking for the most cost-effective option that matches the size and strength measurements you found in Step 1.
It’s helpful to know that some packaging solutions, like plastic and paper bags, are available in bulk quantities with discounted prices. Alternatively, if your small business only needs smaller quanities of a specific type of packaging, many large-scale manufacturers’ minimum quantity requirements are too high for you. It’s a good idea to look for packaging manufacturers with no minimum order quantities, so you only have to pay for the packaging you’ll actually use. These are great money-saving options for many small business owners.
3. Outline Your Packaging Customization Needs
In regards to boosting your brand recognition, customized packaging is everything. When customers make a purchase, then walk around carrying the packaged product with your logo and messaging on it, it’s likely to spark the interest of other consumers and generate more business for you.
That being said, you should start by outlining what customization you’d like your packaging to reflect — whether that be a simple logo, brand messaging like slogans, seasonal designs, or product identification information. Then, find a packaging option that is able to effectively meet those requests.
4. Consider Sustainable Packaging Solutions
Now more than ever, the world is becoming more environmentally conscious, and small businesses are turning to sustainable solutions. If that’s an important cause for you or your customers, consider looking into sustainable packaging solutions.
While packaging has long been a contributing factor in waste and pollution, there are plenty of sustainable options out there as well. From recycled paper products to reusable containers, to plastic bags manufactured with biodegradable resins, you can find the sustainable solution that best fits your application and each of the other requirements listed above.
Trust A-Pac Poly Bags for Your Custom Product Packaging Needs
Out of all the custom product packaging options on the market, A-Pac Manufacturing’s poly bags are the choice that best accommodates each of the needs listed above. Here’s how:
- Varied sizes and strengths – A-Pac’s poly bags can be manufactured in any size, material, and mil strength your application requires.
- Cost-effective – A-Pac’s poly bags are more affordable than plastic and metal boxes, and more durable than paper bags — providing a happy medium in terms of cost-effectiveness.
- Customizable – A-Pac’s poly bags are completely customizable, so you’re able to get whatever color and branding images or messaging you need to display your products beautifully and professionally.
- Sustainable – A-Pac offers a new sustainable packaging option that is manufactured with up to 20% plant-based, biodegradable resin. This resin can be incorporated into whichever style and size polybag you need, dramatically reducing your business’s environmental footprint.
A-Pac Manufacturing offers custom poly bags at no minimum order. No matter what product your small business is hoping to package, we have the solutions you need to make them look great, on a timeline that suits you, and at a price you can afford. Contact us to learn more about our poly bag packaging options for small businesses.